What Teachers need to know about personality development?
“Personality Development”. How often do we hear this term, from our mentors and our teachers, in schools and learning centres? The abundance of the usage of this term signals towards its importance in today’s life. So what do you mean by personality development and why teachers should know about it? Is it not something about how one looks, or how one speaks. It is also not about how easily you can connect with people, no personality development is none of these. It is all of it, yes it every aspect of the personality that is to be developed. In order to survive in today’s world one needs to be smart and quick-witted all the time and that is why, teachers who are educating the younger generation, should be aware of how personality of a child is to be developed.
Here are 5 simple yet crucial tips for teachers to keep in mind while performing the act of education.
1. Confidence – It is the key to over-all development of any child and teachers should always keep in mind that their focus should be increasing confidence by creating interactive group activities in class.
2. Authenticity – The teachers should not discourage the originality in the students as they will flourish more if they will be themselves.
3. Dressing sense – Teachers should groom the students and should make them aware of how to make a desirable impression
4. Body-language – It is just as important as verbal language. Everything including the way people walk, sit, talk or eat leaves an impact, so teachers should correct the body language of the students if they are not doing it properly.
5. Opinionated thinking – Teachers should inculcate and encourage opinion formation in students by asking them about their opinion on various topics in class.
By keeping in mind the above mentioned key aspects of personality development, teachers can really help students in developing good personality and making their future brighter.